Terms and Conditions for ashley.how
(N.B. "we", "us", and "ours", are used to refer to the site owner Ashley Howard and his sole-trader
web design business)
- When using a third-party service (Shopify, Wordpress, GoDaddy, etc.), you are responsible for
security of your account
and password. We cannot
and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security
obligation. We recommend users set up two-factor
authentication for added security.
- You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your account. That
includes content posted by others who either: (a) have access to your login credentials; or (b) have
their own logins under your account.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- Sometimes it becomes technically impossible to continue a feature or we redesign a
part of our Services because we think it could be better or we decide to close new signups of a
product. We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any
part of our Services with or without notice.
- Sometimes we change the pricing structure for our products. When we do that, we tend to exempt
existing customers from those changes. However, we may choose to change the prices for existing
customers. If we do so, we will give at least 30 days notice and will notify you via the email
address on record. We may also post a notice about changes on our websites or the affected Services
Uptime, Security, and Privacy
- When you use our Services, you entrust us with your data. We take that trust to heart. You agree
that we may process your data as described in our Privacy
Policy and for no other purpose. We as humans can access your data for the following
- To help you with support requests you make. We'll ask for express consent before
accessing your account.
- For safeguarding. We'll look at logs and metadata as part of our work to ensure
the security of your data and the Services as a whole.
- To the extent required by applicable law.
- We use third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software,
networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Services. You can see a list of our
- We do not retain, use, disclose, or sell any of that information for any other
commercial purposes unless we have your explicit permission.
Copyright and Content Ownership
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the material you provide to the Services. All
materials uploaded remain yours.
- The names, look, and feel of the Services are copyright© to Ashley Howard. All rights reserved. You
elements without express written permission from Ashley Howard. You must request permission to use
the logo or any Service logos for promotional purposes. Please email us requests to use logos. We reserve the right to
rescind this permission if you violate these Terms of Service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Services,
use of the Services, or access to the Services without the express written permission by the
- You must not modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Services
or the Company.
Features and Bugs
We design our Services with care, based on our own experience and the experiences of customers who share
their time and feedback. However, there is no such thing as a service that pleases everybody. We make no
guarantees that our Services will meet your specific requirements or expectations.
We also test all of our features extensively beforehand. As with any software or code, our Services
inevitably have some bugs. We track the bugs reported to us and work through priority ones, especially
any related to security or privacy. Not all reported bugs will get fixed and we don't guarantee
completely error-free Services. Bugs or errors in third-party services is the concern of the
Services Adaptations and API Terms
We offer Application Program Interfaces ("API"s) for some of our Services. Any use of the API, including
through a third-party product
that accesses the Services, is bound by the terms of this agreement plus the following specific terms:
- You expressly understand and agree that we are not liable for any damages or losses resulting from
your use of the API or third-party products that access data via the API.
- Third parties may not access and employ the API if the functionality is part of an application that
remotely records, monitors, or reports a Service user’s activity other than time
tracking, both inside and outside the applications. The Company, in its sole discretion,
will determine if an integration service violates this bylaw. A third party that has built and
deployed an integration for the purpose of remote user surveillance will be required to remove that
- Abuse or excessively frequent requests to the Services via the API may result in the temporary or
permanent suspension of your account’s access to the API. The Company, in its sole discretion,
will determine abuse or excessive usage of the API. If we need to suspend your account’s
access, we will attempt to warn the account owner first. If your API usage could or has caused
downtime, we may cut off access without prior notice.
Some third-party providers have created integrations between our Services and theirs. We are not liable
or accountable for any of these third-party
We mention liability throughout these Terms but to put it all in one section:
You expressly understand and agree that the Company shall not be liable, in law or in equity,
to you or to any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, lost profits, special,
consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of
profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if the Company has been advised of
the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the
Services; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any
goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions
entered into through or from the Services; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your
transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any
other matter relating to this Terms of Service or the Services, whether as a breach of contract,
tort (including negligence whether active or passive), or any other theory of
If you have a question about any of the Terms of Service, please contact us.
Adapted from the Basecamp open-source policies / CC